Welcome to Responding

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

matt

Build the Community!

11 posts in this topic

Hey, so Emergenyc looks like its going swell, everybody is excited and eagerly awaiting new updates, and we all feel confident the team will totally blow us away with the game when it comes out, but, it might just be me, but I haven't seen much community growth, there is not many people who post on the forums, and there hasn't been much promotion of the game.

How do you plan to help the community grow?

I heard that Youtube is starting to have channel ads, you could produce t-shirts, and many other things too!

Thanks for reading this and considering my concern.

Hey, so Emergenyc looks like its going swell, everybody is excited and eagerly awaiting new updates, and we all feel confident the team will totally blow us away with the game when it comes out, but, it might just be me, but I haven't seen much community growth, there is not many people who post on the forums, and there hasn't been much promotion of the game.

How do you plan to help the community grow?

I heard that Youtube is starting to have channel ads, you could produce t-shirts, and many other things too!

Thanks for reading this and considering my concern.

Hey Matt! 

We are trying your bests at the moment, but right now we are primarily focusing on the game itself. Getting our game out there is a hard thing to do, but we are seriously thinking of effective ways to do so. YouTube Channel ads sound like a good idea, but its probably too expensive for us. We will figure something out, don't worry! And thanks for being around.

I've mentioned it to people who are interested but growing a forum can be a bit of a catch 22. Many people don' like to post or lose interest in an empty forum. But that ultimately means that other like minded individuals will not post either. Of course placing things like forum games and open ended questions can be a good draw to help grow a website community or at least keep them engaged. 

9 hours ago, ODST General said:

I've mentioned it to people who are interested but growing a forum can be a bit of a catch 22. Many people don' like to post or lose interest in an empty forum. But that ultimately means that other like minded individuals will not post either. Of course placing things like forum games and open ended questions can be a good draw to help grow a website community or at least keep them engaged. 

This is very true, it is a difficult task to find people interested in a relatively empty forum, we have been thinking hard about this, and have some plans for the future when we are further in development of the game itself, we don't want to post other games because that is not really the point of the forum, it is here to receive feedback, suggestions and to inform the members and fans of emergenyc of our development, plans and other related topics, ofcourse you are free to start any topic aslong as it is somewhere related.

Maybe you can post more screenshots of the game, most of the updates are mainly focused on new content that's just being added. but while we wait for the weekly blog, maybe you could show us some content that's been in the game for a while, but was never showed up close, or pictures of previously shown content just from another angle so we can get a better look at it. you could probably reuse older screenshots that had been shown on the site before, because a person who just joined probably won't have seen the content that had been released in 2014.

possibly you could also have more contests on the site. I bet that would "wake up" the forums!

Hmm that are some very good suggestions, however creating new screenshots is still pretty difficult since we had to take out our whole city we used for the fire mechanics video because it was too high poly, this upcoming weekend we are starting on the whole city road structure.

We will probably do a contest once our home website has been updated which will be very soon!

With something like this, game development. You aren't necessarily going to attract a lot of posters at the current pre-alpha stage. There is only so much that can be discussed about a game and suggested before it all becomes a bit... repetitive. However when the Alpha drops and the members who was in the Kickstarter get in-game and create video's and all, then it opens the doors to all kinds of discussions.

For the developers to focus on expanding the community at this point in time would be in most cases a waste of resources, as it's not going to bring many members in. What's going to bring them in, is the product they are developing. All good things come to those who wait. ;)

7 hours ago, Ben said:

With something like this, game development. You aren't necessarily going to attract a lot of posters at the current pre-alpha stage. There is only so much that can be discussed about a game and suggested before it all becomes a bit... repetitive. However when the Alpha drops and the members who was in the Kickstarter get in-game and create video's and all, then it opens the doors to all kinds of discussions.

For the developers to focus on expanding the community at this point in time would be in most cases a waste of resources, as it's not going to bring many members in. What's going to bring them in, is the product they are developing. All good things come to those who wait. ;)

This is very accurate ben! 
All of you be prepared for the weekend and keep an eye on our twitter, facebook and the forums!

I shall be putting the word out and getting fellow gamers to at least check out the website and videos, and yes I am new to this forum, I was checking out my previous greenlight list (that's the "hope to see" list)  to see what had made it and found I had this on my list, so i checked up to see how things were going and I think this is going to be fantastic.  

I think the community will grow in leaps and bounds in time.

I will give some careful thought to it beforehand but I hope to make the pre-purchase soon.

p.s.  don't bite my head off if this is in the wrong topic page ;)

I think for a community, it will be pretty good to have some staff with other language. French - Spanish - English - German. That 4th language are the most important. This will be able to  answer to oders people, grow faster the community and will maybe have more funds (buying the game). So maybe after you should recruit some staff as "Helpers". Their job will be to answer to the community in different language (For example i could answer for french, spanish and english too) concerning the game questions, community question etc.. :D

5 hours ago, miguel1219 said:

I think for a community, it will be pretty good to have some staff with other language. French - Spanish - English - German. That 4th language are the most important. This will be able to  answer to oders people, grow faster the community and will maybe have more funds (buying the game). So maybe after you should recruit some staff as "Helpers". Their job will be to answer to the community in different language (For example i could answer for french, spanish and english too) concerning the game questions, community question etc.. :D

This is very true, but since we are kind of popular internationally we are keeping the website english, we will have fan base websites such as the german fan website which is being rebuild by Trust37, i took him on the staff team as moderator and he helps us loads with our own website aswell.

We would love to have a bigger staff team but currently there isn't allot of need for a large team, we can basically answer all the questions ourselves since there aren't that many questions, and ofcourse we have to finish our features pages so people can look on there for allot of information about Responding.