Welcome to Responding

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Connor

Map Size

Question

"Dive into a recreation of Midtown Manhattan"

"streets of Manhattan come to life"

I just have a quick question about the map. I've read the "What is EmergeNYC" multiple times now, and this question keeps popping up in my head. How much of the map will there be? Obviously, Manhattan is huge. How much will there be, and if there is some type of barrier, how will that work? Will you be driving down the road and all of a sudden it just doesn't let you continue? I mean, sometimes there are major incidents that require you to travel some distance, e.g. three, four, five alarm fires. How much of Manhattan will we see?

10 answers to this question

Alright, that's actually a lot bigger than I expected! That will leave a ton of room for responding to those bigger incidents in NYC traffic! Thanks.

Alright, that's actually a lot bigger than I expected! That will leave a ton of room for responding to those bigger incidents in NYC traffic! Thanks.

Yep!:)

Im from the UK and we don't measure areas in "Blocks". Can anyone tell me some sought of equivalent or how big blocks normally are?

Twenty blocks in NYC is equivalent to one mile (North/South blocks). On Avenue blocks, which go east to west, a mile equals around 5 to 10 blocks. I don't know how to scale they are putting this, but yeah. You can try googling the distances in NYC if you need any more info!

Twenty blocks in NYC is equivalent to one mile (North/South blocks). On Avenue blocks, which go east to west, a mile equals around 5 to 10 blocks. I don't know how to scale they are putting this, but yeah. You can try googling the distances in NYC if you need any more info!

Thanks, your explanation was fine :) All we have over here (From smallest to largest) is Street, village, town, district. Then county, country, continent, planet, solar sys.... Yeah I'll shut up now ;)

Sounds nice!  Finally, a game with good manual siren control...

And with the map, I remember you guys saying that there is only one controllable fire station, but will there be others on-map to call for bigger incidents?

[mod]Thread Closed - Question has been Answered

For any suggestions please post them in the appropriate suggestions forum.

If you feel this thread should be reopened: please send me a Private Message.[/mod]